FVJen

Mary Calmes
Archangel's Legion
Nalini Singh
Red - Kate Kinsey From the blurb:

Detective Tom Hanson has a string of grotesquely mutilated bodies on his hands and no answers—aside from the fact that the victims were members of an underground sex club catering to singular erotic tastes. Tastes the long, lean detective has sampled himself in the arms of his former lover, a fiery redhead who offered the most erotic, irresistible sex he’d ever encountered. Until the night she’d begged for the one thing he couldn’t give, and he lost her forever.

Gina Larsen is the only one who can guide Hanson through the fringe world of dark fantasy and desire that lies hidden deep beneath the Bible Belt. Lured into her lair by a quest for justice, Hanson discovers his hunger for Gina has only grown stronger and deeper…beyond the edge of control. Soon he’s shedding his last inhibitions in the search for answers, but the more she draws him into her erotic web, the less he can distinguish between passion and duty, pleasure and pain…good and evil.

Erotica has become almost mainstream these days with the popularity of 50 Shades and other recently released books. So when I see these types of books I usually grab them up for review. Red looked like it was going to one of those just from reading the back of the book. However, I knew from the opening scene it was going to be a bit darker, nastier and harsher than what I have been reading.

The opening scene takes place in a “glory hole”. It is disturbing, dark and not something I can come close to relating to. I almost put the book down and walked awa

What I did make it through follows a pair of detectives as they investigate some nasty killings. The killings have left people severly beaten and bloody and are traced back to a certain club. From what I could gather one of the detectives had formerly been involved in the lifestyle but was in over his head and left. I did not make it far enough into the book to find out his reasons for leaving.

I would recommend this book for people who are into reading about the more pain filled aspect of sex without much emotion attached to it. Because I am not as knowledgeable about sadomasichism, I am not sure how someone who is knowledgable would really feel about the book. All I can tell you is that there was no erotic twist like I am used to reading in most of the newly released books.

Final grade- DNF